Youth are invited to attend a Pink Shirt Day Party at The Genesis Centre- 7555 Falconridge Blvd NE #10, Calgary, AB T3J 0C9
Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary will be hosting a Pink Shirt Day party on Feb. 22, starting at 3:00 pm. Youth are invited to attend and participate in Pink Shirt Day activities where we will host live performances by Prophets of Music, RespectED training, photo booth, make your own Pink Shirt, and more! For inquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Pink Shirt Day? outh and organizations continue to support Pink Shirt Day following the stand of two grade 12 Nova Scotia students in 2007. The students took action after witnessing a grade 9 student being bullied for wearing pink to school and encouraged their schoolmates to wear pink to send a message against bullying. Since then, wearing pink shirts has sent a powerful message against bullying. This year, Pink Shirt Day will be celebrated on Feb. 22, and hundreds of Calgarians are expected to turn schools and businesses into a sea of pink to build awareness against bullying.
Where can I buy a t-shirt?
This year’s Pink Shirt Day t-shirt proclaims ‘Kindness is one size fits all’ and for the eighth year, London Drugs is proud to be the exclusive retailer of the official shirts. They are now available at all Calgary London Drugs locations in both adult and youth sizes ranging from small to XXL at a cost of $9.80 plus applicable taxes. Net proceeds support the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary, as well as clubs throughout Alberta and British Columbia.
How can I participate in Pink Shirt Day on Feb. 22?
1) Purchase an official Pink Shirt Day t-shirt at London Drugs to show your support.
2) Challenge your friends and co-workers to show off their pink style with a Pink Shirt Day fashion show. Prizes for best dressed!
3) Get creative with your kids: break out the craft supplies and let them decorate their official Pink Shirt Day t-shirt.
4) Host a “Pink Event” (assembly, classroom event, or anti-bullying rally) at your school or place of work. Offer students or employees incentives to wear pink.
5) Host a pink potluck with pink food and beverages served during lunch.
6) Show your support on social media by sharing photos or making an anti-bullying pledge using the hashtag #PinkShirtDay